Missions Month 2020 Begins Sunday!
We are also excited to begin our 2020 Missions Month (or Missions Month-and-a-half ;-) THIS SUNDAY! Here are the details.
THEME FOR MISSIONS MONTH
Our theme for this year's Missions Month is "Salvation Stories."
In our preaching series, we will be looking at parables of Jesus concerning salvation in the Gospels (specifically Matthew and Luke). In addition to each of your pastors preaching, we will have TWO guest preachers: Stephen Gambill (Reformed Baptist Church of Nashville) and Robert Cunningham (Tates Creek Presbyterian Church in Lexington). Here's the schedule for our series:
- September 20 - "Workers in the Vineyard" (Matthew 20:1-16) - Stephen Gambill
- September 27 - "The Narrow Door" (Luke 13:22-30) - Keith Withrow
- October 4 - "How to Go Home Justified" (Luke 18:9-14) - Thad Gunderson
- October 11 - "Come to the Banquet" (Matthew 22:1-14) - Keith Maddy
- October 18 - "The Prodigal Father and His Two Lost Sons" (Luke 15:11-32) - Mark Redfern
- October 25 - "The Redemption of Culture" - Robert Cunningham
Our brother and missionary to North Africa has chosen a series of brief, inspiring Missions videos that we will show on the front end of our services in October.
During our "God at Work" segments each Sunday, we will have the joy of hearing 6 different personal "salvation stories" from members of our own congregation.
Pastor Mark has written 6 different congregational readings based on two gospel tracts - "Quest for Joy" (John Piper) and "Two Ways to Live." Over the next six Sundays, we will be rehearsing the core truths of the gospel together in these special corporate readings. NOTE: We intend to resume the our reading of the Psalms after Missions Month concludes.
HERITAGE KIDS OFFERING AND SPECIAL EVENT
You will be hearing more this Sunday from our children's director, Chris Houston, about a event for Heritage Kids to coincide with a special offering for Mission Month!
CHRISTIANITY AND CULTURE CONFERENCE
We will conclude Missions Month with our 1st Christianity and Culture Conference on October 23-25. Be sure to register at our website!