Title: “The Covenant Ceremony: Conquest and Confirmation”
Text: Exodus 23:20-24:18
1. God keeps his covenant promises in conquest (Ex. 23:20-32)
2. Israel makes their covenant promises through confirmation (Ex. 24:1-18)
3. Jesus fulfills these covenant promises by coming (Heb. 9:18-28; Matt. 17:1-8)
1. In what ways is God’s faithfulness to his promises displayed in the conquest of Canaan? How does His faithfulness encourage you? What are some ways He has demonstrated that in your life?
2. How does this covenant ceremony reveal God’s heart for his people? In what ways does it reveal our hearts? In what ways does this covenant ceremony point forward to our need for Jesus?
3. How does Jesus relate to what’s happening in Exodus 24? See Deut. 18:15-19, Hebrews 9:18-28 and Matthew 17:1-8 and discuss.