Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: Matthew 2:1–2:23
“Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas” (Matthew 2:1-23)
1. God’s sovereignty does not mean there is not real evil in the world.
2. God is actively involved in human events.
3. God directs His people in times of confusion, danger, and fear.
4. God is still in control even when evil seems to prevail.
5. We can trust God because He entered into our suffering to save us.
6. The same God who protected Jesus will protect us.
1. In what ways have the events of this past year caused you pain, fear, or anxiety?
2. How do the truths contained in Matthew 2 concerning God’s sovereignty and goodness in the midst of evil comfort and encourage your heart in the midst of those fears?
3. In what ways will you apply those truths to your life?