God's Church in Satan's City: The Danger of Cultural Compromise
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: Revelation 2:12–2:17
“God’s Church in Satan’s City: The Danger of Cultural Compromise”
1. When the church is convictional and courageous, Jesus commends us (v. 12-13).
2. When the church is complicit and compromising, Jesus confronts us (v. 14-15).
3. When the church is contrite and conquering, Jesus comforts us (v. 16-17).
- Why is compromise such a deceptive and dangerous temptation for the church?
- How might we be tempted to compromise our moral convictions in the name of open-mindedness and tolerance
- What steps can we take to protect ourselves and our church from compromising theologically or morally?