Jesus or Jezabel: The Danger of Tolerating Immorality
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: Revelation 2:18–2:29
“Jesus or Jezabel: The Danger of Immoral Tolerance”
1. Jesus calls the shots in the church (v. 18).
2. Jesus recognizes how far we’ve come (v. 19).
3. Jesus corrects those who tolerate what he doesn’t (v. 20-21).
4. Jesus gives consequences for those who refuse to repent (v. 22-23).
5. Jesus graciously rewards all those who hold on to him and reject false teaching (v. 24-29).
- Discuss the role that both truth and love play in the health of our church. Which of these do you find more difficult to hold on to? Which is easier? Why?
- What are some ways that Christ commends the church at Thyatira examples of things in your own life and in our church? In what ways does this encourage you?
- What are some warning signs of a “Jezebel spirit” in a congregation? Can you provide specific examples?