The Unholy Trinity
April 11, 2021 Speaker: Mark Redfern Series: The End
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: Revelation 13:1–18
“The Unholy Trinity”
1. The Form of the Unholy Trinity
- The Dragon as Counterfeit of God the Father
- The Beast as Counterfeit of God the Son
- The False Prophet as Counterfeit of God the Spirit
2. The Function of the Unholy Trinity
- A Desire To Control Through Power (13:5-6, 13-14)
- A Desire to Co-Opt Through Promise (13:8, 12)
- A Desire to Crush through Punishment (13:7, 15).
- In what ways do you see the first and second beast operating in the world today?
- In what ways are Christians ultimately protected from the beast, yet in what ways are we encouraged to be watchful? In what ways are non-Christians vulnerable?
- How does the work of Jesus for us and the example of Jesus help us navigate the “beastliness” of this world?
More in The End
June 6, 2021Come, Lord Jesus!
May 30, 2021And They Lived Happily Ever After
May 23, 2021Moving Through the Millennial Maze