We Make It Our Aim to Please Him
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: 2 Corinthians 5:1–5:10
Title: “We Make It Our Aim to Please Him”
Text: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
- The Reality of Dying (5:1)
- The Prospect of Glorification (5:2-4)
3. The Guarantee of Arrival (v. 5-6a, 8a)
4. The Preference of Heaven (v. 6b, 8b).
5. The Inevitability of Judgment (v.9-10).
- Can you please God? What are some reasons a Christian might believe they can or can’t please God?
- Why are faith and obedience since critical components to pleasing God?
- What are some results of pleasing God through obedience? Which of these is most motivating to you? Why?
More in What God Wants
June 28, 2020The Gospel Pleases God: The Wide and Narrow Lens of God's Work in Christ
June 21, 2020The Delight of Dependence: Why Pleasing God Is A Pleasurable Pursuit
June 14, 2020Understanding the Will of the Lord