A Modern-Day Reformation
Passage: Nehemiah 10:1–39
“A Modern-Day Reformation"”
1. Reforming Our Individual Lives: Rejecting Individualism and Embracing Ecclesiastical Accountability (10:1-29)
2. Reforming Our Family Lives: Rejecting Self-Determinism and Embracing Spiritual Unity (10:30)
3. Reforming Our Work Lives: Rejecting Workaholism and Embracing Ethical Responsibility (10:31)
4. Reforming Our Church Lives: Rejecting Consumerism and Embracing Personal Generosity (10:32-39)
- What would a modern-day reformation look like in your home? How should what we see in this chapter impact our life in our families?
- How does our commitment to Christ affect our work and rest balance? Why is this so important for our testimony?
- In what ways have you been spurred on from this chapter to be more devoted to the work of the church, especially in regards to your time, talent and treasure?