Our God Will Fight For Us: Three Faith Responses for Enduring Opposition
Topic: AM Sermon Passage: Nehemiah 4:1–4:23
“Our God Will Fight For Us: Three Faith Responses for Enduring Opposition ”
1. THE VERBAL ATTACK (4:1-6)
2. THE PHYSICAL ATTACK (4:7-9, 16-18, 21-23).
3. THE INTERNAL ATTACK (4:10-14, 19-20).
- What emotions or feelings would be natural in the midst of the opposition that surrounded the Israelites? Which of these feelings are acceptable and which are the result of unbelief?
- What is often your first response to fear? How do you handle loss of control? What does your response say about where you place your confidence?
- Think of a time when someone criticized you for doing good. How did you respond? Did you respond like Nehemiah, with righteous words directed toward God? Did you respond with angry words directed toward your attacker? Did you respond with self-justifying words directed toward your supporters? What does our response toward criticism reveal about our fears?
More in Renewal
October 17, 2021Bring Us The Book!: Biblical Preaching and the Joy of the Lord
October 10, 2021Healthy Church Essentials
October 3, 2021Temporary but Necessary